REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE OR IN A SAFE LOCATION UNTIL HELP ARRIVES. DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE IF YOU COULD BE STRUCK BY ANOTHER VEHICLE.
If you are not injured and you can safely take pictures, do so. Do not try to take pictures if doing so will put you in harm’s way.
Take pictures of:
- • License plates of involved vehicles
- • Damage to your vehicle
- • Damage to other vehicle(s)
- • Location identifiers such as road signs, street signs, or address markers
- • Damage to property at the scene of the accident
- • Skid marks, accident debris, other evidence
DO NOT ALLOW YOUR DRIVER’S LICENCE TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED
Talk to eyewitnesses and gather their contact information.
IF INSURANCE INFORMATION IS NOT AVAILABLE
If no police report is filed, file an incident report for your claim
PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION TO OTHER PARTY